Sunday, August 5, 2007

Gabe's horrible weekend

This is what poor Gabe had to do with Grandma Dorrie and Aunt Bekah while he waited for his plane trip from Utah to meet us in California:

First, the poor kid had to go to Denny's for their flying saucer breakfast
Then, Grandma drug him to Chuck E Cheese for "yummy" pizza and she made him win all these tickets and earn a 25 cent toy with them.

Next, she made him go to the boring aquarium where he touched stingrays and Grandma forced him to pose for these silly pictures.

After all this torture she let him haveall the macaroni and cheese he could eat at his favorite restaurant

They also made snickerdoodles and she only let Gabe eat 8 at a time.

At the end of this weekend of torture (which also included cousins, many bedtime stories and sleeping in Grandma's bed), she loaded him up with coloring books, candy and toys and put him on the airplane. He was very relieved to finally reach the respite of chores, siblings competing for attention and home-cooked meals.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Wow, that grandma is good, not only for taking him all those fabulous places, but for taking pictures so you can BLOG ABOUT IT! It's like a dream come true. Good job, cute Grandma, and wonderful mother Jessica of course who blogs while the rest of the fam is reading scriptures. Jessica, Celia and I get to have a blog meeting (OK, playdate) tomorrow! Aren't you all jealous?

Celia Fae said...

I get to meet Gabe tomorrow. I am excited. I can't believe how hot your mom is. I bet it makes your husband happy. Excellent photo journaling. Your ancestors will be very satisfied.

Adrianne said...

I was ready to comment on the blog, but then I ready the comments and discovered you are getting together with Paige and Celia tomorrow and I am so jealous I can no longer comment.

Lorena said...

Oooh...makes me want to escape and go spend the weekend with my wonderful sister-in-law, Dorrie.

Brigitta said...

Okay, I get to comment since now I've met you. If was fun meeting you the other day in B-town. Can my kids adopt your grandma for a weekend???