Saturday, August 18, 2007

Book Review 7 (I think)


This book was a departure for me (not as much as that hideous Russian one, however) so it's hard to give a full review. The plot was original, that characters well-developed...but it was kind of cold. I've had it recommended a few times, and I'm glad I read it, but it was a little hard to get into. It would be a great book club book; lots to discuss and I would love to have someone help me understand it. If you've read it, or read it later (because I know you all wait breathlessly to get your next book based on my reviews), let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Paige said...

You are brave to read that. I finished the Manny. Gotta get me one of those. Have you read 1000 years of solitude? Also heavy but so good. And my favorite by far is East of Eden like you!

The Williams Family said...

I really liked Our Man in Havana. (I read it last summer.) It was a very subtle novel with clever humor and social satire/commentary.
"Cold" is a great way to describe it . . . very unemotional. It would be a fun bookclub book.

Carie said...

Okay, Brooke is actually me, Carie. I was posted on my sister's computer and didn't realize it was in her name.