Friday, August 17, 2007

Accomplishments

Following are things you want your baby to learn:
1) How to feed himself.
2) How to ask for something instead of yelling nonsense at you.
3) How to sit up by himself.

Following are things you do NOT want your baby to learn:
1) How to open doors.
2) How to unbuckle things (car seats, stroller harnesses, high chair buckles)
3) How to climb out of his crib and walk over to his brother's bed, sit on him, while turning on the table lamp, all at 11:00 pm at night. Twice. (The first time we laughed, the second time he got the mean mommy tone).

Life, as we know it, has changed.

7 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Time for jail, aka crib tent. I have a friend who used to sew the tops of her twins crib tents shut. The mental picture of Seth harrassing his brother is darling.

katri said...

Isn't it great when they learn that stuff? My first kid never got out of her crib. The second one would, but didn't bug me. The third one gets out, come downstairs helps himself to whatever he wants in the pantry, at any time of the night. (we started "locking" the pantry)

Now with my fourth one... I don't know what to expect. Hopefully he won't start sneaking the car out or begin Tee-Peeing the neighborhood before he potty trained! :)

Brigitta said...

I love your quick quotes on the side of your blog. Can I copy???? I always think I am going to remember the funny things they say, but if I don't write them down I will forget. What better way to keep track, then to blog it!

Jessica said...

Oh, please copy! You just have to rewrite it in the post section, when you are ready to change, so you have it forever...I like it, cause you don't always want to devote an entire post to one sentence.

Paige said...

Oh Yeah, this baby is all grown up. Time to get another one!

D-dawg said...

I'm so sorry! That is truly a sad day when they climb out!!!

Adrianne said...

But then he gives you that adorable smile and the mean mommy tone becomes the mommy-trying-to-cover-her-laugh tone.