Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's always fun when Grandma comes

My mom is great for many reasons. In fact, I asked Gabe to journal (we have to keep up his writing skills during the summer trust me) why he was excited to see Grandma Dorrie and this is what he said: she gives me sugar snacks, she taks us on dats and is lass strick (less strict). So besides these wonderful qualities, one reason she's so fun is that she loves to go and do. Anything I suggest we could go do, she says "Let's do it." So this is a photo-journal of the stuff we did with Grandma.


As previously mentioned, we rode the World's Longest Gondola at Kellogg, Idaho. We also had the world's longest lunch with 4 kids banging their utensils, fighting over crayons and taking 40 million digital pictures, while the waitress, I don't know, had a manicure(?) between the taking of our orders and the bringing of our food. You with kids know how hideous that can be.




We spent the afternoon at the Daines' lake house and the kids were the luckiest kids on the planet because they found a huge DEAD FISH that provided hours of entertainment (flip the fish, stab the fish, bury the fish, decide if the fish is dead, etc. etc.). We just sat on the beach with Heather and plugged our noses and wondered if we could buy a toy that would provide so much fun. We did have them wash their hands after the science project ended.

We had a couple of birthday parties (this is Seth's... that's Elmo, in case you can't tell from my amazing cake decorating skills) and Grandma and Bekah came through with fun presents (Life, Legos and Little People--did they mean to alliterate?)



We also went to Manito Park, one of Spokane's prettiest destinations. We fed ducks, visited the Rose and Duncan Gardens and disturbed the peace at the Japanese gardens. Want to know the best smelling rose? We, of course, did: Double Delight.

She even went to Silverwood (an amusement park in Idaho)!! I don't know about you, but this is the extreme nice Grandma act, because I expect to be way done with amusement parks when my kids are all over 18. We had a fun day, I think.






And, of course, dates. She always takes them for some alone time which includes a treat, an activity and a toy. It's their favorite thing. This is Jane returning from hers with her Krispy Kreme bag and her leopard print purse. Nice.







So she left today. And we were all teary at the door. And Seth has only asked, "Where's Grandma?" about 40 times. And isn't it nice when you don't want your guests to leave?

7 comments:

Cami said...

I need to move out of state so my mom can visit and my kids and i can totally monopolize her time. Ah, that'd be nice. I'm glad she came to visit. It is always fun when grandma comes!

Celia Fae said...

Isn't the next line "when grandpa comes we're gay?" Just wondering.

You have the best mom and terrific cake decorating skills. You did a pretty good job of pushing your area. It almost makes me want to visit. Almost.

Brigitta said...

You and your mom look a lot a like. Grandma's are the best especially when they come visit.

Erika said...

oh - I finally figured out that other girl in the pictures is little Chetah Easter Marie Leaf Sherrill. So how old is Becca now anyway... never mind - it will just make me feel old. Seriously - the cuttest kids, mom and grandma... all of you are hotties... oh and Ryan's hot too.

Paige said...

Grandma are so much more fun than moms. Too bad you can't skip the mom part to be a grandma. I need picture aligment lessons. Where is that key?

Celia Fae said...

Yeah, how'd you do that? You're getting all fancy on us.

Adrianne said...

I think your mom needs to give a good grandmaing class to all the old ladies in my ward who just complain that their grandkids are too awful to spend time with. Seriously, I'm jealous.