Monday, August 20, 2007

Blogger tag

This is because Abbie (my cute cousin) tagged me. I feel embarrassed devoting a whole blog to myself (although the camp blog was all about me, as was the diet blog and the book blogs--okay apparently I'm a narcissist). But I love reading when other people do these, so here goes:

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:

1. Hello, I'd just gotten married 4 days previously, what do you think I was doing?
2. Moving to Spokane
3. Working as a receptionist
4. Gaining 15 lbs (sorry, Ryan)--I did lose it after I had Emma.
5. Learning that when you fight with your husband, you don't just break up!

5 things on my to-do list today:

1. Get together with fun Jill to write letters to our YCLs
2. Not take a nap =(
3. Spend 15 minutes with Seth (I have to put my kids on my list, or I forget to actually enjoy them. So type A, I know.)
4. FHE at Riverfront Park (see post from July 25th, if you're interested).
5. Start my new book Sammy's Hill

5 snacks I enjoy: (diet or non-diet?)

1. Diet: cottage cheese with frozen raspberries
2. Non-diet: Cookies
3. Diet: whole wheat tortilla with a little cheese and my yummy salsa
4. Non-diet: Peanut Butter Sandwiches (lots of PB, lots of J, white bread)
5. Both: Peaches in July and August--yum!

5 songs I know the lyrics to:

1. All of "My Turn On Earth" and "Saturdays Warrior" (on vinyl records, please!)--anyone else?
2. Enjoy the Silence --DM
3. Tainted Love (Abbie wrote this one, but who doesn't know all the words to that song)
4. All of Roger Miller's song (Google him if you don't know...thanks, Dad!)
5. The whole Primary program song list (except An Angel Came Joseph Smith...too many verses!)

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Pay off our house and our rentals (my husband would make me)
2. Buy a decked out Expedition
3. Go to Europe with Ryan
4. Go on a Church History tour with Grandmas and kids
5. Hire a house cleaner

5 bad habits:

1. Biting my nails, especially when I'm reading or driving
2. Talking on the phone too long, when my kids want my attention
3. Talking too much in a conversation (I seriously have to make rules for myself, so others can talk, how embarrassing).
4. I throw stuff I don't want to deal with behind the dryer, or the couch or the fridge.
5. Having to be the boss.

5 things I'd never wear again:

1. Shoulder pads pinned inside the shoulders of T-shirts!
2. Pegged jeans (again with the weird pinning!)
3. Blue eyeliner and orange lipstick (7th grade picture)
4. Anything that shows my tummy
5. Big bangs (curl, hairspray while blow-drying straight up, then rat)

5 favorite toys:

1. My blog
2. Whatever book I'm reading
3. My MP3 player
4. Seth (the other ones, too, but he's just so funny right now)
5. My van (because I just like to GO...)

5 people tagged:

1. Ryan (yes, my husband, I want to see what he would say, don't you?)
2. Celia
3. Paige
4. Adrianne
5. Christy Romney (the only way she'll actually post something)

9 comments:

Adrianne said...

I love that you have come to terms with Girls Camp. I loved it as a teen so I don't have to go as an adult!! Does being tagged mean I have to do the same blog??

Ilene said...

So funny you have to have white bread for PBJs. I thought I was the only one. In fact, I prefer the cheap white bread-it's usually the fluffiest. The only reason our house has white bread in it is for my PBJs. It is a quirk of mine that Dan just can't appreciate, he is wheat all the way.

Somehow we have remained married despite our bread preferences.

Jessica said...

Yes Adrianne...do the same blog, please!

Paige said...

I'm sorry I can't do this. People keep tagging me and I pretend I don't see it. For you, I will acknowledge. I have a terrible memory and can't remember anything about my life before I had kids (or at least pretend not to remember). Like I said, I've never really been good with rules...

Abbie said...

That was fun. You make me laugh. Your blog is one of my favorites.

Carie said...

seriously. pbj? What about chocolate? Oatmeal carmelitas? pie? cake?

Cami said...

This was cute. thanks for sharing!

Mark said...

Jessica you are awesome and hilarious!

Linsey said...

PS - blogs are supposed to be all about yourself...um, have you read Paige's blog! :) Speaking of which, you update your blog almost as often as she does so I am adding you to my list of linked blogs because I just can't get enough of the Romney antics!