Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Why I'm Awesome

First of all, let me apologize again, for the lack of pictures. We have learned how hard life is without checks, debit cards and credit cards!! You go to replace the MP3, or the camera, or the new clothes (I guess that doesn't count as replacing) and then you realize that without a credit card number, you are purchase-less. We've received the credit and debit cards, and have ordered the MP3, but are having a disagreement about the camera (he thinks, as this is our 4th one in 4 years, we should buy cheap--does that surprise anyone?--and I think we are learning so much about how to NOT keep cameras around, that this time is the MAGIC time!)--so I have no picture with my post.



Wait, since this is about me being awesome...I'm going to go find an old one that properly displays awesomeness... (See, now the post is so much more interesting.)

I'm ready to give you the reasons that I am awesome:
.

1) I just ALL BY MYSELF set up automatic bill pay. It's not that I'm not reasonably tech-savvy (I am) or that I haven't seen a need (oh, there's a need, when twice a month, I spend hours handwriting bills)...it's that I am NOT the project person in our house. I am very good at doing the regular stuff (food, clothes, hair, straightening up, yelling at kids, my calling). I honestly just get completely stressed out if I have an extra project to take on. So Ryan usually has to organize really messy closets, plan the landscaping, build stuff and USUALLY would have to set up stuff like the bill pay account. BUT NOT THIS TIME. Nope! Awesome Jessica, realizing that since the new checks have not arrived, bills would be late (see, I'm responsible) decided to just bite the bullet and set it up. Which I did, after an hour of frustration and 2 mad phone calls to the real live persons I actually talked to, after yelling into the automated phone system "Get me a person!!". So now it's done. And I am awesome.
.

2) I am the star of our volleyball group. Okay, I'm really not the star. Really, not at all. In fact, I'm the worst person there I think. But it is the FUNNEST morning of my whole week. There's usually 8-10 of us that meet at the church, and, while the kids run around and clog the nursery toilet (really happened, thanks Jensen kids), we play 3-4 games of decent volleying volleyball. Are you jealous?! It's so fun. Because normally women just sit and have lunch (second favorite activity of my week: McD's on Fridays), for entertainment. We don't play games and move around (at least not for entertainment...because I promise I move around like crazy trying to rotate car seats for preschool carpool). And I was really hitting my stride today...maybe I even saved as many points as I lost. And I did, like, 3 dives to try to get the ball. I even have a scab on my knee. So even though I wish I was the star, I am awesome just for being a tough mommy, right?
.

So, feel free to comment on my awesomeness (and you could also add that due to said awesomeness, I should get a good camera.) You're welcome for knowing me.

23 comments:

Ryan said...

I think we should just get a box of colored pencils and then we can just sketch the memories. In fact I have a stack of scratch paper here at work (whenever I am finished with a single side of a sheet of paper I always keep it in my neat little stack so that I can later use the opposite side for random notes or design sketches), but we could use that for capturing all our memories and save boat loads of cash!

Ilene said...

I'm all over the automatic bill pay. And you play volleyball and actually dive for the ball?!

If I questioned your awesomeness before, these facts have certainly removed all doubt.

Sorry about missing the shower last night. Honestly I completely forgot despite the invitation still hanging on my fridge (I was up to my elbows in poop and pee). Besides, Dan was out of town and I rather not ruin your party by bringing my brood. Dang it. I hate missing a good shower with all its shower treats and fun birthing stories.

Ilene said...

By the way, I like my Liberty Lake friends just fine but you see in efforts to keep my blog comments up I do have to keep my main Eugene constituancy happy, right?

Lorena said...

First off, Ryan, that picture does you no justice...but I guess you knew that!

Jessica - I've been on auto bill pay for about 5 years now. Glad to see you are catching up. Now, go and tell Stacy to do the same...and tell her to start a blog while you're at it. I tried the whole "set up a blog, it will make you feel better" thing up in Utah, but it was a no-go. Maybe you will have better luck.

Jake said...

You really are awesome. I don't know which would torture me more...setting up automatic bill pay or playing volleyball. Both scare the heck outta me, quite frankly!

Celia Fae said...

Jessica, you forgot that you are an awesome commenter who adds something to everything she reads. I know the time and dedication that takes. You don't get paid enough.

Buy a good camera. More people are going to see your pictures than ever before. Consider it a service to us.

I am so jealous of your vball fun. We used to have something like that around here but the ladies were a little too into it for my tastes. Maybe I should move to Liberty Lake. I like the name, it rolls off the tongue.

zeeny said...

I think you need a nice camera. No you don't need it, you deserve it! I just got a nikon D40 and love it. Of course, now I want another lens to go with it but now my Ry knows what to get me for Christmas. And of course, you are awesome!

Penny said...

I would love to see one of Ryan's sketches, maybe you could blog about it. Ryan, you do know you don't have to pay for your own paper at work, right? And for all it's worth, I think you need a good camera, we are all counting on it!!

Oh, and next time Ryan runs a marathon, maybe Jane could just sketch him crossing the finish line.

Carie said...

I am a big fan of people who love themselves. Why shouldn't you love yourself? You make great/smart choices, you get awesome consequences.

I think I already posted all the reasons why you are awesome a couple of posts ago. I will recap: beautiful, smart, funny, stylish, great mom, good choice of husband, expert blogger, and more comments than I could ever dream of, just to name a few.

You should teach awesome lessons.

Hollyween said...

I don't even KNOW you besides on your blog and I think you're totally awesome. As for the volleyball... I'm not worthy enough to play. Especially with the freaks and geeks in my ward who think it's a total competition and will make you feel like a huge loser if you're not as good as them. Okay, so I don't KNOW they're like that, but I know the one who heads it up and she just rubs me the wrong way and would laugh and joke and make me feel like an idiot if I went to hit the ball over the net and it went behind my head instead (this happens a lot to me). Oh... and thanks for the advice on the Ferber Method. I did it with my son and he sleeps great. I'm thinking there will eventually come a time with Faith too.

D-dawg said...

I think you're awesome and you deserve a good camera. Mom's deserve whatever they want. And a good camera is so much fun. Go for it!

Nortorious said...

That sounds like cheaping out, Ryan. Poor woman only owns two purses.

Heather said...

I would say that you are awesome because that picture of your daughter Jane makes me say "SuperStar!" a la Molly Shannon everytime I see it.

Paige said...

Ryan, pleeeease get her the camera she wants. You know she deserves it, I mean think of all the money she's saved you doing whatever magic she does at WalMart to save 5 cents on the meat? You know she'll repay you in her own special way.

(And I know all comments from me about buying stuff are automatically disregarded due to my lack of thrift, but I can't help myself here.)

Maybe she'll take a new picture of you with new camera so you don't look like Jay Leno in all your comments.

Brown Sugar said...

There is nothing I love more then being assulated by awesomeness when opening someones blog. I am convinced, so convinced I may dedicate a dance to you for your next birthday. As my mom and most women over 45 like to say, "You Go Girl!"

Brigitta said...

You are very awesome. I only met you once and thought you were awesome when I met you and thought how much fun you would be to live by. So move to CA It's a good time to move here the whole housing market is crashing.

day in the life of a prince said...

Hey, I was at Target last night and they had lots of digital cameras on Clearance!! Just in case you decide sketching isn't for you!

Linsey said...

You cannot scrimp on pictures - that is a cardinal sin. And, these days, with a little research and shopping around, you can still go fairly cheap and get pretty good quality. Stand your ground!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anisa said...

We were just having the discussion at enrichment the other night about how fun it is to read the Romney blog. You are awesome!!!

marta said...

hooray for you. i set up auto bill pay and felt like the last person on earth still writing checks. i have to admit, it has been such a FABULOUS load off of my back. i am on the computer all the time, so paying the bills is so so cinchy. i just enter them and get them set up right when they come in the mail! i toss all the extra paper except for the actual bill, right a big "X" on it for entering it and toss it in a galvanized tin for 'file someday.'

enjoy it. ps. am glad you are so awesome and am glad gabi introduced me to you! keep up the awesomeness and reward yourself with a new camera.

Erika said...

ya, you're awesome. another item to note.. do you see how many comments you get from you blogs - I think I'm the 22nd one on this one. seriously, we're on the edge of our seats waiting for Jessica to blog.

Adrianne said...

okay, how do you have so many friends that comment that I don't even know who they are?? And I can't check out their blogs b/c I'm already in trouble with my husband for too much time blogging, so I'm banned from making new blog friends.

But you are awesome for lots and lots of reasons, the least of which is that 5 years after it became everyday reality for 90% of america, you entered the world of online bill pay.