Monday, October 29, 2007

Quick Quote #14 or What Seth is Doing Now

(I decided to combine this update on all of Seth's accomplishments with last week's Quick Quote, because I was scared Paige might complain of that my Quick Quote trade does not count as a blog. She's kind of intimidating that way.)


So here are new things that my cute cute 2 year old has been doing lately.

Whenever we get in the car Seth asks, "Turn a usgick (music) Mom!" Which used to be no problem...but since it was ripped out of the dash by big mean robbers, and we haven't replaced it yet, I always have to tell him "It's broken." Which he then repeats back to me, what I just said, "It's bwoken, Mom?" which is another thing he's really into lately...

Repeating everything you say. At least 4 times back to you...and usually in the form of a question. "It's time a nap, mom?" "Yes, Seth, it's time to nap." "It's time a nap, Mom?" ad nauseum. But it's very amusing to hear the adult things come out of his mouth. Last week he was playing with our dancing Dora doll, and I hear him say "Bamos Bailah mi?" (which is baby for "Vamos a Bailar conmigo?" which is Spanish for "Want to dance with me?") So Seth is bi-lingual...thanks mostly to Dora which is another thing he's really into lately...

Dora. And Elmo. And it's really just so cute. "Whewuh is Emo, Mom?" is the question he asks before every nap...and I have to go find it and lay it down next to him. He loves Do-ah and Beyoots and Dow (the cow) and packpack and asks me as soon as Emma and Gabe leave in the morning..."Time a watch Doah TV now, mom?" which is another thing he's really into lately...


The DVD player. Which apparently he knows how to work. I went upstairs during previews and ran back down to press play and caught him toddling over and pressing the "twangle" (triangle) himself. I'm so proud. And he sings along "packpack, packpack, packpack, packpack", which is another thing he's really into lately...

Singing songs. "How 'bout a sing sunbeam one, Mom?" "How 'bout a sing witch one, Mom?" "How 'bout a sing noman one, Mom?" "How 'bout a sing monkey one, Mom?" But when I start singing "his" song ( "I will" by the Beatles) he says "no sing that will song, Mom!" because we always sing that song before he goes to bed, which is another thing he's really into lately...

He's into NOT going to bed. I really cannot calmly discuss that for the last three days he's woken up from his nap after only 45 minutes. And I probably shouldn't tell you how long I made him cry, because kids who are 2 need to sleep longer than 45 minutes! And he also has been waking up at 6:45 am...but he does go to bed easily, after his cute prayer which is another thing he's really into lately...

The cutest prayers in the whole world. With the cutest little sing-song voice. I must admit there are many vain repetitions, but we don't care.

Other things: Asking "who was dat?" whenever I hang up the phone. Asking "what's wrong, mom" when I'm obviously mad at people. Telling us his name is "Sephy Bai-oh" (which is what Ryan and the kids call him. Saying "Ah don't wike it, mom" with a shaking head whenever he's offered any food besides fruit and candy.

So he's cute...and you probably haven't read this far unless you are related. But some things must be recorded for the mission farewell talk (although Celia reminded me a few months ago that they don't have those anymore.) So maybe we'll just break these out when he brings his first date home?

21 comments:

Celia Fae said...

First of all, congrats on your new camera.

I loved this post because it told us all of the cute baby Seth things, not just one. And I liked how you wrote the words phonetically. I had to sound them out and say them like him. How did you remember everything? Have you been keeping a list for a while?

G and G Nut said...

This made me lonely for that cute little boy that I had so much fun with while you two were cruising around the world. Kiss and hug him for me!!

Linsey said...

Hey, did you know your link for Tammy's blog is actually a link to Adrianne's blog?

By the way, I read to the bottom, your 2 year old is adorable and so much more advanced than my almost 2 year old. But, I am telling myself that is because mine is bilingual and a little confused that there are two words for everything! When I say, do you want some water, he says "Agua?" Or when I tell him to say goodbye we might get "bye" or "chao" never sure which. At least when I tell him to say thank you he says "gracias" so he's confused, but still polite.

Paige said...

Hi, it's the blog police here. Love all the little Seth comments, so cute. Bea is my pal all day too and we have to have entire conversations about Elmo. Elmo Mom? Where Elmo go Mom? Elmo time, Mom? Mom, where are you? if I'm missing for a split second.

When are you going to potty train? I need support. It's the pee pee house here.

Nortorious said...

That felt like reading Huck Finn. I don't do dialect.

Erika said...

he's getting so big it's time you had another one. little boys are great fun.

Carie said...

I think writing these down is so important. Pre-blogging I kept a journal where I tried to write all the silly things my kids said. It is fun (for them and me) to go bad and read it

Jake said...

Two year old boys are just delicious!! (And the rest of the time...well....it's just a good thing they're so cute, right?)

Unknown said...

I think arming yourself for first date embarrassment capabilities is a must!

Summer said...

That was so cute! I can't wait to have an adorable little boy!

Jill said...

I read it all! It was adorable. I LOVE hearing little kids talk. I could sit all day and just listen to my little Tanner ramble. It is so entertaining, hilarious, and sweet! Too cute. Hey, that was fun to share the wedding post with you on Denae's blog. Awesome story!! I loved it!

Cami said...

This was really cute!
I'm enjoying Bryce getting more verbal (well, sounds and gobbledygook count, right?) everyday.

Penny said...

He is such a cutie. It is great that you wrote it all down just as he says it. You think you will never forget it, but you do.

zeeny said...

Too cute...I love two year olds...most of the time. Mine doesn't think she needs naps any more but I do! She still takes them but would be fine without them. I would not be fine though!

Lisa-Marie said...

At least he is TWO.My one year old takes TERRIBLE naps. 45 minutes would be a good day.

All your "Sethisms" were so fun to read. And I mean ALL of them. We all read to the bottom cause it was so cute.

And who says they don't do farewell talks anymore. I think you meant to say "they aren't supposed to." Cause we all know the moms still get to say their piece.

Bridget said...

What a cutie! I gave up on Cole taking a nap this summer. It actually has made my life easier because I don't have to schedule our afternoon around it. Plus no nap equals 6:30pm bedtime equals one happy mom.

shauna said...

Seth is so cute. I am not related (unless you count that your aunt lorena is my bbff-best blogging friend forever and she is in my ward so I call her Sister sometimes).

You will forget and miss those days full of 2 year old boyisms. This is a great way to record them.

My son is 4 and almost past the cute-'cause-he's-little-and-doesn't-know-better stuff. He's getting a little sassy too, called me a dum dum the other day and he wasn't talking about his pre-halloween candy. Don't be jealous, but his daily 4 hour nap makes up for all his naughtiness. His kindergarten teacher will hate me.

Hollyween said...

Seth is a doll. Enjoy it because Levi has now stopped talking cute. Sometimes he talks "annoying" and it makes me miss those days where they can't say certain words and such. Don't get me wrong though. He still has cute days too. (you know I had to say that).

Read all of it. Loved it.

Annie said...

I love the repeat-it-back stage! This made me miss having a little buddy with me during the day. Having all the kids in school does have its privileges but I'll admit to more than a little toddler envy :)

He sounds like a keeper.

Matthews Family said...

I love hearing all the cute things Seth does and thinking about Paige's funny things she does. The repetition thing can really drive me up the wall though.

Ilene said...

It is a relief to have a moment to read blogs! I can't believe I am so far behind (it is Sat. morning before the Duck game in Eugene).

Anyway, cute Seth. Your kids are really cute which of course is a direct extension of their very cute mother.