Friday, October 12, 2007

Hair

So I had a friend email me about my hair. I read the email to Ryan and he starts getting all exercised and says:

"Oh, it's a long process. It involves scrunching, special sprays. It involves the little red bottle and then the $18 mousse, that's a really good deal. And the color protecting shampoo, so the color doesn't run. And smelly hair-spray. Also, those big curlers you put in your hair."

Which makes it sound like a long process. Which it's not. Certainly not as long as it has been.

(I seriously used to start getting ready 1 1/2 hours before I went anywhere. I could get my whole family ready twice in 90 minutes, now. But maybe that's why you (hopefully) don't have kids when you are mate-searching...so you have plenty of time to exfoliate, shave, dry, scrunch, lotion, seperate your lashes, etc.--I do, like, 2 of those things now.)

For the record, the process is only long to the guy who complained (when he was trying out the slightly longer hair thing) that, "It takes me a couple minutes now to get it right!" And this is why he eventually cut it.

Since I don't have the option of cutting it as short as his:

I will continue with my products (none of which are from actual salons, just the shelves of Wal-Mart, despite his acting like I spend our retirement on my hair). My current favorite is this one.


I swear my heat-induced curls or straightenings stay longer when I use it.

Really pointless blog, I know, but who doesn't like a good high school photo, accompanied by hair tips, every once in a while.

10 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I never could figure out how to put rollers in. Probably why I couldn't get a man as good as yours.

Love the ethereal photo of you and the gnarly one of Ryan.

Carie said...

High school picture, you are brave and smarter than me too. I have no idea how to scan in old pictures. So much to learn. Thanks for the hair product tip. I love a good referal.

Paige said...

Oh girl, you've always had the adorable hair, from the big bangs and perms to the many always stylish long and short 'do's. With hair skills that great you deserve the salon products, but should do a commercial for the Wal Mart ones. I recently searched the entire city for $18 Tea Tree Pomade and guess what? My hair looks the same- not enough and the same, too much and a greasy mess. There's no happy medium. Just flat hair.

Hollyween said...

Are those natural curls on you? I got curly hair during puberty. I'm not kidding. I have hormonal hair and it's starting to relax and be ugly. I'm totally trying the VO5 stuff. I used to buy their hot oil treatments in high school and slather my hair like once a week.

Jake said...

Your hair looks gorgeous then and now. I'm soooooo jealous!

Jill said...

Awesome pix! I did my bangs that way too...I would rat them and stick them almost straight up in the air. It's so fun to look back and laugh at yourself!! It's a beautiful picture too though :)

D-dawg said...

Very cute pictures. I feel your pain with the hair situation and it is NOT fair that men just shower and go!!

brooke romney said...

Wow, super glam.

kara jayne said...

I guess I should have read this one before asking you about your hair in the last one! I'm so glad to hear about the "miracle". I'm in need of one big time! Love the high school pic. I've been writing a "many hairstyles of Kara" post for a while. I better finish it soon...it's a scary one!

Tammy said...

Jessica your hair was seriously one of the amazing wonders of highschool. You have progressed so much with all of your different styles and now back to long. I have a secret method which is amazing. I pin curl hair up when its dry and leave it for an hour or so while I do makeup, run around,whatever, I do curls which resemble George Washinton in the end. You can spray the pieces before rolling and they curl more this way. But seriously the result is amazing waves and everyone drools.