Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Best Thing Ever

The best thing ever is when, after going to probably 10 kid shoe stores where Jane has only liked the $40 tennis shoes (or brown boots, even though I keep telling her we aren't shopping for brown boots) and I refuse to pay $40 for a 4-year-old tennis shoes, and I really need to get this girl some shoes as we have lost at least one part of the 4 pairs of sandals/flip-flops purchased at the beginning of the summer and it is getting cold and should probably have her toes covered so that her grandma (when she comes to watch the kids for the cruise) won't think we prefer frostbitten feet, and it is past naptime and this is my last stop (having already been to a well-child check-up, the Dept of Licensing--"ma'am can you please keep your kids from running in the testing area" and 4 of the aforementioned stores) before I seriously have to stop shopping and start prepping for our departure (packing, cleaning, typing instructions, assembling all the books I'm going to read on the cruise)...


We find the shoes!(for $10 and they go with everything and notice the sparkly dangly flowers that seem to make up for the fact that they aren't the Hello Kitty or Bratz or Princess or Light-up ones she would have preferred.)

The best ever thing is ALSO when , after going to at least 10 adult shoe stores, trying to find silver pumps to match the silver jewelry that will dress up the semi-formal dress my nice friend found for me, AT THE SAME STORE...


We find the shoes!(for $25 and they were actually semi-comfortable and my formal outfit is complete for $60-yay!)
A bonus to the best thing ever: I found a very cute black polka-dot bag for $7.
(I love Target).


I know moms with picky girls and nap-deprived boys, limited budgets and ridiculous schedules to keep up, will appreciate and respond accordingly.
And yes, I realize I have a serious run-on sentence problem.

18 comments:

Ryan said...

ooooh, that purse will go great w/ the 3 other unused purses hanging in our entry shoe closet.

Celia Fae said...

Size 10!! Jessica, those are some serious feet. Cute shoes though. Make sure you step on Ryan's toes with them. I like the sparkly dangly things Jane got.

Carie said...

Seriously Target is "the best thing ever."

zeeny said...

Gotta love Target. I too have many purses and use only a few. It is nice though (RYAN) to have a purse when you feel like it! Love the shoes for you too!

Linsey said...

Target, target, target, that's all I ever hear. :) I'm so jealous. Oh well, we have Machu Picchu, they don't have $25 shoes there, but it is a wonder of the world!

Tammy said...

love the shoes, Jessica Simpson makes a similar pair as does Christian Louboutin, so they are very hip indeed. Enjoy, dance the night away and have fun!? Where is this cruise?

Jill said...

Hi Jessica...it's fun to meet, well I guess "read about" new people! LOL. I live about 2 hrs from Kansas City. Will you ask Carie if she doesn't mind that I have her blog address too. It would be fun to see her blog as well. Then if I ever go to KC and run into her at a mall or somewhere, I'll know who she is :) Thanks!

Ilene said...

I remember having a purse or two... then I had a kid or two. However, at least I now have a cute diaper/messenger bag to ease the pain of being without a cute polka dot purse.

Looks like you have a friend in Peru. My sister-in-law lives in Peru (Lima). Is this gal LDS? I wonder if the LDS network can make another "small world" moment yet again.

And Ryan, perhaps you should be taking your wife out somewhere she can use one of those three purses. I guess a cruise is a nice start, though.

Tiffany said...

Good work! I smiled about the brown boots - I just bought Loie a pair of the cutest brown boots at a children's consignment sale and can't wait until it's cold enough to wear them. Cute silver shoes too.
I'm excited to try the eble. . . whatever you call them. Josh and I both have Danish heritage too -- it will become a family tradition!

Linsey said...

Okay, I must admit failure. I went to her blog, I searched, I did not conquer. Perhaps the "friend" has a name? Anywho, depending upon how your friend knows her friend (i.e. church, school etc.) I might know her/him, but, after all, there are 9 million+ people living in Lima, so it is possible I won't. But, I am intrigued...

Ilene said...

Jessica- Linsey knows Heather. Just thought I would end the suspense for you. It makes you wonder how many of people who are commenting on friends' blogs are connected in some way they/we just don't know about. Fun stuff!

Cami said...

Love the shoes!
Enjoy your cruise!

kara jayne said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog because I like you so much already. Just reading this post and your profile made my day. We think a lot a like. I too love Target. I just got myself a little handbag just for ME! My sisters were starting to make fun of me for carrying around my backpack/diaper bag even when I was out with out the kids. You can't go wrong with polka dots!

Paige said...

Cute, and cute. Before I even read they were from Target I recognized the outline of the little "Mossimo" sign. Tell Ryan he should be glad you don't have to get a new Coach purse every season or you feel ugly and depressed. Oh, it could be so much worse.

Celia, Jessica has always had big feet. It's a bummer for her stumpy footed friends.

Adrianne said...

As a picky, nap-deprived mom with limited budget and more limited shopping options, all hail the best things ever.

I'll trade you those shoes for my dress...

Brigitta said...

I got similar silver shoes at TJMaxx and I am in love. Who said fashion had to be expensive? In fact, there is no reason people should be dressed terribly when there is Target TJMaxx and all those other discount stores. It's irresponsible of people to have bad fashions when there are so many resources. Have fun on the Cruise. I am jealous

Erika said...

wow... you should be nominated for some sort of shopping award. Can't wait to hear about your holiday!

Lorena said...

I love Target, too. My favorite thing is to go first thing in the morning and raid the 75% off rack. Who can beat pants and shorts for $5 and shirts for $2.50. I'm so cheap! They are building a Target down the road from us (along with every other store you can imagine) and I just found out that they are also putting in and Old Navy. I AM IN HEAVEN!!!

Like the shoes, but they wouldn't fit my 5-1/2 size feet.