Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Summary

This is all Seth does, all day, every day. He takes these animal people and lines them up in various areas around the house and then carries them to a new area and lines them up. Grandma Dorrie wins for best present ever (Little People Alphabet Animals A-Z). He knows Vultures, and Ostriches, and Uriels (really!) because they had to have an animal for each letter. It consumes easily three hours a day and only causes a problem when another 2 year old thinks he should be able to play with one of the 26 animals. That 2 year old is sadly mistaken and Mom has many fights to break up.





Jane got congratulated by her Sunbeam teacher today for not showing her underpants for all of Primary. With accomplishments like that, we expect big things from her. She also can claim the title of "Biggest Tease in the House" and really can send Gabe up the wall any old time she wants to. She continues to be my "Nappy Buddy" M, W and F when she isn't at preschool and after reading a book and snuggling up next to her for an hour or so, I have no idea what I will do when my little buddy ditches me and goes to Kindergarten.




Gabe's big night was Wednesday, when he got to participate in the Second Grade music night. He was even selected to play the xylophone and his tones rang out sweeter than any of the other 15 xylophone players there. He got a shiner on his eye this week, but looks quite lovely with his new "purple eyeshadow". Austin (his cousin/idol) accidentally gave it to him, so he's probably hoping it never goes away.





Here's Emma reading the Laffy Taffy joke (yes, we're down to the crappy candy at the Romney house). She got to give the scripture in Primary, has started weekly Friday evening walks with her dad, and didn't forget her glasses at home one day this week.






You know how like, two times a year, you have a Saturday with NOTHING going on? Well, we had one of the rare days yesterday and, after getting the house cleaned, we played games (can you guess which one?), visited the Daines, went to the Children's Museum and went to the kids' favorite buffet restaurant (too embarrassing to name, but the kids get what they want and I don't have to care how messy or loud they get). It was a good day. Which is good, because after the circus that Sacrament meeting was today...all I want to know is: How old is your youngest kid, before you actually get to enjoy sacrament meeting again?

We'll be here, same time, same place, next week! Have a good one!

21 comments:

Lorena said...

Seth and Drew would get along real well.

On the church thing, I'm thinking age 7 because we can sit and enjoy Sacrament while Brooke goes and sits with one of the many families she has "buddied" up with. There are days where we just scan the congregation, give her options, and ship her off.

Did you go to (Up)Chuck-a-Rama?

Cami said...

This is a great recap.

Bridget said...

I love the "we're down to the crappy candy." At our house though my boys like the nasty stuff. Which isn't good for me because then I'm left with all the Reese's peanut butter cups and other delish treats I don't want to be stuffing in my face all night.

As for church, my youngest is three and life is pretty good now in Sac. mtg. One of my tricks....sitting next to our babysitter and her family. She helps entertain and I can easily take children out to bathroom/drinks without wondering what the other ones are up to on their own.

Matthews Family said...

I love hearing your weekly recap Jessica. Thanks for the great idea on getting Paige the Little People A-Z animals. She's really enjoying them as well. Of course, she likes it mostly when Bart or I show her all the animals and names.

Adrianne said...

please tell me you don't go to Golden Corral. The very thought of it brings to my mind that horrid smell as you entered the dish wash area...makes me puke a little in my mouth. So many bad memories, but it did launch our very lucrative waitressing careers.

Kirbell said...

Love the Little People Toys from grandma...I wish had a toy that kept my kids busy for more than 5 minutes that was NOT a)food, b)something with a screen or a controller, c) Chuck E. Cheese.

Kristin said...

I found you from Lauries blog, Im her little sister. I love you blog, you have a beautiful family and I can't wait to read more.

Paige said...

That was a great summary, and your kids are adorable. I sit down to write mine and can't think of anything nice to say, or can't remember the week because I've blocked it out of my mind. I needs Sunday Summary lessons.

Lisa-Marie said...

Hey, you remember the real reasons we started our blogs too. Pat on the back. I really do enjoy you guys' Sunday Summaries/Saturday Synopsis posts. I'm might have to consider!

Linsey said...

Thank you for the Christmas gift idea for Caleb. I immediately went to Amazon and purchased the ABC animals. I need my child to know what uriels are too!

zeeny said...

I've gotten to the point where I can't even sit through the whole hour of sacrament. I am so used to taking a child out that if they are both behaving I usually have to come up with an excuse to leave. My attention span has dwindled! I don't know what I will do when I get released from primary, where I hardly sit at all!

martha corinna said...

Hey Jessica, I should have broken down and commented a long time ago since I enjoy your blog so much, but I had to now comment on the sacrament meeting. Our ward is comprised of about 60% young families and 40% empty nesters. The bishop, who is an empty nester, has been lecturing hard at the beginning of every Sunday about how all of us with young children ruin it for the rest of the congregation because our children are so irreverent. So my question is, since my oldest is 4, at what point am I going to be welcome in sacrament meeting again?

Rochelleht said...

Oh my gosh, I love it. Today, when I picked up Grace from acting class, her teacher asked me if we could please work with her on not lifting her dress so often. UGH!

Ilene said...

Okay is LL always so windy? Seriously, I wonder if a wolf outside is trying to blow my house down which is worrisome because there isn't one lick of bricks anywhere on our property.

Back to the subject on hand... congrats to Jane and her underpants. Definitely a highlight for every parent to look forward to. Of course my boy doesn't have a dress to lift to reveal his underwear but he does have a knack for tucking his shirt into his underwear after using the restroom. It is classy.

Good coloring with you today- even if the lesson wasn't on lying.

Hollyween said...

I love the cute pics of your kids. Especially with Seth and his toys. Levi loves to line up his toys too. And I'm with Lorena, did you go to "upchuck your grandma"? Funny story: We have always called that place upchuck your grandma even before this incident, but one day my grandma was there and she actually fell in some kids throw up as she was leaving. She landed in it and was so upset. Now the name really rings true. True story. I swear.

Heather said...

If it was Golden Corral, let me know and I will email you my horrible story that involved much pregnancy puking outside. Never. Again.

Carie said...

Seriously, who doesn't love a good buffet? You would have to be crazy not to.

We are finally at good sacrament behavior. Avery is 3-1/2 and my husband is finally sitting with us again after 3 years of being in the bishopric. 2 parents is a dream.

Love the update.

Celia Fae said...

I don't know why this didn't show up on my reader. What else have I missed?

This might have been the best SS ever. I was dying. I liked imagining the dulcet tones of the xylophones and the laffy taffy wrappers all over the house.

At least Jane wasn't showing her diapers. Beatrice will be because her mom is such a loser at potty training. Don't tell her.

Jake said...

I love reading day-to-day life stuff. Thanks for seeing the funny in the ordinary...it makes me appreciate my life a little better too.

p.s. I spent a lot of years crying through sacrament meeting because I didn't have any little kids. So....I have to remind myself that there are worse things than having kids kick the seat, break the hymnal holder and crush a pack of goldfish under their feet.

Penny said...

As one of the parents of a child in Jane's primary class, I would like to commend her and say, "Good job Jane!" and "Please keep up the good work!" Wasn't this the same child that admitted that "sometimes she liked to follow Satan's ways"? Better watch that one...

And Ilene,

Yes!! It is that windy here in Liberty Lake. I sometimes worry that our house might have the same fate as Dorothy's house in the Wizard of OZ. I only hope that I will get some cool red shoes out of the deal.

kara jayne said...

THANK YOU for solving my "what do I get my almost 2 year old for Christmas?" problem. I don't really like toys, but I'm thinking she will love the A-Z animals.