Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Summary

There is just not a lot to say this week...when you post every day, it's kind of all documented. Assuming (ha!) you haven't heard enough about us this week...

Monday
Emma and Gabe take piano lessons. They both seem to enjoy it, though I think mostly they like the 4 boys that live at that house, that they get to play with after piano lessons. Jane used to take gymnastics on Mondays, but she's quit. And she's proud of it...she thinks it's very interesting to inform everyone, "I'm a quitter of gymnastics." Mom's just glad she doesn't have to do the CRAZY drop off/pick up circle that she used to do on Mondays.
Tuesday
This is when Jane goes to preschool, which she loves. She talk about "Teachoh Lohwee and Teachoh Bawbwa" all the time. She was especially happy because she got to bring the snack swan to school on Thursday and wear her costume (8 girls in her class=3 Cinderellas, here're 2 of them):
Wednesday
Duh. Halloween.
Thursday
Ryan flew to Utah and defended his master's thesis. He, of course, passed. Here's Mr. MSEE himself : He has one more thing to rewrite, but he should be done with that and signed off this week. He got to visit 93 year old Grandma Sue, while he was there, and enjoyed a fun dinner with 4 of his 6 siblings.
Friday
We've been playing a game (which we've apparently stolen from the Barnetts. They left it at our house on Saturday, and we have yet to return. Thanks, guys.) called Blokus. We did this for a while on Friday night, and I think I've won every game. Told you I was awesome, especially when I am playing against grade-schoolers.

Saturday
Last soccer games, woo hoo! Birthday lunch for my clone, Jessica. (Her name's really Jessica and we are a lot a like. Ryan says if I die, he'll just go hang out at her house whenever he misses me.) Financial planning meeting with one of our friends. Dinner at the only good Asian place in Spokane and ice cream at Coldstone. Oh yeah, worst move of the day: watching Transformers. We were not fans.
Sunday
Seth ripped our wallpaper while on the not-listening chair. Then he had to go sit in the not-listening crib. We are still mad at him.

It was also fast Sunday which resulted in: grouchiness and over-dessert making. (Does this ever happen to you? You are so hungry that you are sure one pan of cookie bars will not be enough, so you make sugar cookies as well?) It also resulted in some real answers to concerns that I have been having lately, and so despite the Mommy the Grouch and the extra calories, I am always grateful for the Law of the Fast.
The Daines are coming over for dessert (I had to find somewhere for ALL those cookies to go) so I will have to be done. Not too exciting of a week, but thanks for being part of it with us!

19 comments:

Penny said...

I can't believe that Seth ripped the wallpaper off the wall of your most favorite decorated room of the house. At least he looks like he feels bad in the picture. Although, not as bad as you feel, I'm sure!

Isn't it funny, on fast Sunday I think you actually end up eating more than a normal day. Because you feel so deprived all day that you eat everything that is not nailed down.

Paige said...

You are good for doing that. I honestly just didn't want to relive my week! I mean, other than soccer and school and Halloween I feel like I've covered it.

So sad about the wallpaper. Fiona cut one of her Barbie's hair when she was in timeout on Friday, and you've never seen me freak like that. It's too similar to my greatest fear, them cutting their own hair off. I believe I canceled Santa for her. Ooops.

Oh yeah, and you totally don't have to blog everyday if you just don't want to or you are too tired. That's my rule. I blog because I like it, if I don't want to, I don't. I wish the rules were the same for the rest of my life. Even Celia agrees that people should be able to take at least one weekend day off. If you miss a day you are so much better the next because you missed it. Two days and people will be calling you because surely you are dead or dying.

Celia Fae said...

I know you think we don't care, but we do. I like reading the day to day stuff about your family.

Did the financial planning meeting happen while you were out to dinner? I hope not.

Your Cinderella is lots cuter, even if she doesn't have the special glass slippers.

What answers did you get? Let's hear. Time for a spiritual post.

D-dawg said...

I want to hear the answers too. And yes, fast Sunday always ends with me making way too many desserts and gorging myself.

Lorena said...

I can't believe sweet, little Seth would do such a naughty thing! Did he get the naughty pinch?

I always think that 20 points will go so far for one meal, but it doesn't, oh well...there's always tomorrow.

Nortorious said...

I have a little crush on your husband, except for the whole no purses thing.

Annie said...

Love your wallpaper. If I didn't have a sofa in almost exactly the same pattern, I'd have to steal the idea from you.

I can completely identify with the post fast Sunday gorgefest. i always end up with a sugar/chocolate headache, not enhancing the Grumpy Mom mood at all.

Have a good week!

Jake said...

I love that wallpaper too. These kids just want to leave their mark in every room, don't they?

zeeny said...

I totally get that way on fast Sunday. I think about what yummy item I can make after the fast...too bad I am usually too tired to follow through. I just do it Monday morning instead! I love your wall paper in the bathroom. Where did you get it? I want to do it im my half bath but don't know if I have the patience. Your black and white bathroom inspired my own bathroom transformation.

Christie said...

Oh, naughty boy with the wallpaper!

And I want to come over to your post fast Sunday sugar fest. Please invite me next time!

Adrianne said...

What is Blokus and could I play it with people that don't speak English? I'm always looking for games that are not word games - which are my favotire - due to translation. We recently stole "Phase 10" from Ashley's friend.

Ilene said...

Not the wallpaper!

Congrats to Ryan on defending his thesis. That is a big, huge monumental event for you guys. So when does he start a PhD program?

marta said...

yes.. i do the same thing! yesterday i ate two pieces of pie. and that was BEFORE meatloaf and mashed potatoes. yikes.

Hollyween said...

It must still be fat- er I mean Fast sunday because I wam looking at those cookie bars and SALIVATING. If you love me, please, please please e-mail me the recipe hollye@comcast.net I promise to be your friend forever and comment on every post.

Oh and I LOVE the day to day stuff. And I'm sorry about the wallpaper. That would have sent me into a wicked rage.

Hollyween said...

p.s. I'm having difficulties with my profile pic. My shiny lipgloss looks like a big buck tooth.

Carie said...

Love the summary.

Yesterday I made oatmeal carmelitas AND cupcakes.

Jill said...

I swear you do this post everyday...is what it seems, because the week flies by too fast and I'm like, crap! It's summary time again already! I love it though is what I am saying. Why didn't you like Transformers? I heard it was good and still want to see it. Yummy desserts. I made brownies!! Just ate another one too :)

shauna said...

Hope Jane will not be known as the "quitter of gymnastics AND piano." My kids always want to quit when they start playing an instrument. My third piano player is not going to be allowed to quit until she knows every song in the hymn book. It would be nice to know what your eternal ward calling will be, none of the calling limbo stuff when your ward gets divided, and divided and created, and disolved and added to a new ward.

Fast Sunday is tough. Sometimes I wonder if the hymn book will taste like mint.

Ouch with the wallpaper. Are we still mad at Seth?

Cami said...

I always over-make when hungry.
It didn't help that Cam kept reading to me from Kraft's Food and Family recipe mag the whole time. Fortunately, nearly every dessert required cream cheese, which we were out of.