Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday Summary

Though she looks lovely here, Emma wasn't quite so appealing Friday night as she barfed from 9:00-3:00 a.m. We're proud to report total adherence to Barf Training. Way to go, Emma! She worked hard all week, helping mom with Christmas cards, to earn money for the sibling gift exchange. Totally willing. Really. I didn't have to keep reminding her five times a day that she had only $2 and that her recipient would appreciate more than a candy bar. I promise.

Here's Gabe, our returning winner of the Worst Idea of the Night award from Wednesday. After a friend podiatrist and a trip to the urgent care, we have been assured he doesn't need an X-Ray, because nothing is broken. He hopped on one foot for two days, while playing football and dart tag with the neighbor boys...Emma simply transported him long distances in the wagon and then he hopped out (and around) until it was time to move to the next location. Yesterday we were relieved when he started using BOTH feet.




Jane did NOT receive a passing grade from the Barf Training Personnel, during her stint with the stomach flu. We forgave her...until the she admitted the reason she had so much money (when it came time to shop for previously mentioned gifts) was "Oh, I stole it." Good luck with Santa, missy.

Seth is our only un-injured, un-barfy family member. So that means he'll be sick tomorrow night during all the festivities. Yay. He's been LOVING his Grandma Dorrie and Aunt's arrival and basically runs tattling to Grandma when Mom or Dad are "mean a him."

Ryan and Jessica continued to enjoy marital bliss during Twelve Days 8 (8 hours taken off from work on Thursday), 9 (9-point massage), and 10 (10 point van cleaning...no longer the smelly mess mentioned in the last post, at least for a few days). It (the marital bliss) was slightly discontinued during the annual fight that starts about whatever and ends up being about Ryan being stressed about the money draining from our bank account like it's a sieve. I promised to take all of his presents back. Jessica sang in 2 Christmas cantatas and Ryan actually worked normal hours, so all in all it was a great week.

Merry Christmas, from our crazy crew!

26 comments:

Ellie said...

Can you train Seth to clean up barf? Then he'd really be the favorite.

Lauren in GA said...

I just love your family! I know we have never met in person, and you probably couldn't pick me out of a police line up, but I really think you are a great bunch of people.
I'm so sorry about the barfing. I know you want the holidays to be memorable, but for other reasons.
Remember, Santa is still watching so don't be "mean a" Seth.

Hollyween said...

Barf sucks during Christmas time.
Love that you sing. I'll have to hear you some time. Or we could duet. Ya know, when we meet we'll just run to each other singing. Okay. No. That's a dumb idea.

And could your family look more perfect and put together? I don't think so. I KNEW you were perfect! I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT.

zeeny said...

We've had the same argument about money. I offered to spread all the present out and let him pick which ones to return. He declined my offer. Next year, I want him to do more shopping. (I think I said that last year as well!) Your family looks so cute. Merry Christmas and thanks for the wonderful card!

♥Shally said...

I know that the sickness will hit twin #2 during the festivities tomorrow also. Or me. I always seem to get everything the kids get. We had another barf incident with Braylen today. Luckily it was on the tile-- thank goodness for a husband that does clean up!!

Let's hope for a "barfless" Christmas for both of us!!

Paige said...

I have nothing funny or witty to say because your kids are adorable and you are all so well coordinated during Christmas it makes me want to drive the 6 hours from here to Spokane to come see you. I see the freeway signs pointing toward spokane and it's killing me to be so close yet too far! Love all the coordinating outfits for Christmas.

Ilene said...

Sorry you had to leave early Friday night. The cookies were delicious and germ-free because I am feeling just peachy.

The barfing situiona could be worse, though. You could be like Penny's son and start barfing at church.

I tried not to think too envious of thoughts today as I stared at you and your sister's beautiful hair. I'm growing mine out. Can't you tell? Yeah, me neither.

Ilene said...

"situation"

I can spell. Sometimes.

Bridget said...

What beautiful photos! What a great looking family you are!

I must say the Barf Training video post was in the top three funniest posts I have ever read! I think that was one of the firsts posts of yours I read and then I knew I was hooked.

Cami said...

Merry Christmas, Romneys!
Beautiful family pics.
Could Emma and Jane be more lovely?

Lauren in GA said...

I have a special request...Would you post footage of you singing? I would love to hear it! No pressure...your public awaits...

heidiram said...

Can you have a cuter family????? Is it even possible? I hope everyone else doesn't get sick. It has been raging rampant around here. Luckily we haven't gotten it (yet). Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

So sorry to hear about the barfing, but it wouldn't be Christmas without it at our house. I am still counting down the hours to see when it hits us. The stomach flu has made the rounds around our ward, and we are one of the two families not to get it.

Christie said...

You should patent your barf training. People would pay good money for it.

Your family is so BEAUTIFUL that it's almost unfair to the rest of us. Lovely, lovely pics!

Jill said...

I wish the Holiday's were in the summer. It sucks how sick everyone gets during the fun times! Tanner has a double ear infection and sore throat...I'm right there with ya. Okay, not really...I only have ONE sick kid, and he's not barfing. But, it still sucks!
Merry merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Paige said...

One more request, can you please post, or just email me if you feel it's braggy, Ryan's full 12 days of Christmas for you? I'm seriously going to send it to my husband so he can do it for me next year. I know it won't be the same having been forced to do it, but he does not respond to subtlety.

You should post it so all of us can educate our husbands. It would be a public service post.

Penny said...

Too cute! Love the pictures of your cute family. And yes, you could be like my family and just barf during the Christmas cantata. If only Todd would have taken pictures so I could have blogged about it. I guess he was a little too busy, cleaning up barf by himself, since I was on a trip.

And how pitiful am I commenting on Christmas Eve?

crystal said...

Oh, your blog is always guaranteed to make me LAUGH! "Good luck with Santa"....hahaha! "Oh I stole it." hahahahaha! I love that you're so real!

We have a version of barf training too, which involves a yellow brick road of towels and sheets leading to the toilet.

I am on a post-santa adrenaline high. Merry Christmas!

crystal said...

p.s. you're not alone in your barf-misery. Max started to have a tummyache tonight at 6pm.

And your family is so darling! I love your happy-eyes in that picture :)

Tammy said...

Your family is adorable and hilarious. I love that barf training is a real life thing?! Please post on what the sibling gifts were, I am so curious what little kids would choose to buy each other. Ryan, its only one time a year that wife comes even close to splurging so just sit back and let it happen and don't even think about it!! Relax, eat another cookie and have fun!!! Merry christmas to all of you!

Hillary said...

What a lovely family you have. Merry Christmas - I just got caught blogging on Christmas morn :)

shauna said...

Merry Christmas Jessica and family. Mine are sleeping or watching Anne of Greene Gables so I get a moment to try and catch up.

Weren't you guys just sick? Sickos. Isn't one of the reigndeer named Vomet, oh sorry, Comet.

That was a great summary, thanks for the laughs. Hope it was wonderful and barfless.

Celia Fae said...

I think you have your quota on barf filled for the year.

People keep looking at your Christmas photo and asking me if you are Amanda Bynes. Are you?

Carie said...

Merry Christmas, you guys live too far away. (or perhaps I live too far away!)

CUTe cute cute family.

Jake said...

merry christmas! if i only knew you from your photos i would think your family was too-picture-perfect. but since i read your blog i know that even beautiful people have barfy days, too!

D-dawg said...

YUCK to barf at Christmas time! I hope everyone is better.