Monday, January 7, 2008

Su-Monday Summary

Seriously last week was so boring...I didn't take a single picture. So here goes:

Monday started early for us, with Seth coming into my room at 1:00am and asking, "Mom?! A need a help." So I follow him back to his room, where I find he has dragged a little chair from another room, stepped on it to turn on the light and is trying to clean up all of his 50 Little People animals, but he "Can't Pind (find) A Yak, mom..." So I explain that is sleeping time and that we will find the yak in the morning. "We cean a moh-ning?" "Yes, we'll clean it up in the morning." When I told Ryan the next day, he laughed and said that Seth had been begging him to clean it up, when he was put to bed and Ryan tried to explain about the morning thing. Seth's gotten a little obsessive-compulsive about his bedtime routine (5 blankets, door shut, certain things cleaned up), but should I worry that's it's waking him up in the middle of the night?!


Tuesday was New Year's Day. Romneys don't play on New Years (like in my pre-marriage family). Oh no...With Ryan as our dad, we are starting on those noble resolutions RIGHT away. We got the whole house cleaned, decorations taken down, Ryan went to finish up some last minute repairs on our rental house and I did bills. Isn't that the funnest holiday ever?! (For Ryan, it is).





Wednesday was my day off. Seriously. I told everyone, that after the kids went to school, I would be meeting basic needs and that would be all. After 6 straight weeks of constant something-to-do, I went to volleyball, and blogged and read and read and read. And watched a TV in the middle of the day and then I read some more. I even had a pre-prepared meal, I'd saved specifically for this day, so I wouldn't have to do dinner. I finished 3 books, just last week because of Mom's Day Off. It was lovely. Go read this book: (unless you are Cami, because she tried it and didn't like it. That's okay. I read all 400 pages in 2 days.)











Thursday has nothing interesting in it at all, except Gabe started limping again due to P.E. on that injured foot. Should I be worried? (I wrote a note to excuse him for the next 2 weeks...)


Friday was the funnest party ever, but that's it's own post. Stay tuned.


Saturday was the day I did some seriously AWESOME mothering. Emma also went to a pajama birthday party, where she had the loveliest blue eyeshadow and pink lipstick applied, and apparently gave a very popular gift the "Yada yada" toy?! It was so cheap, that I added some earrings in for the birthday girl, but you might want to pick it up for your next party!











Sunday was an incredible day. Our Stake Presidency changed, I had some other personally neat experiences with my calling and we got to attend the "It's Great to Be Eight" fireside with Gabe, where all the to-be baptized boys climbed in the dry font and told our stake presidency that "God's favorite color is white." Gabe also ate his weight in the refreshments, so it was especially meaningful to him. If I've never said it before...I love this Church, I know that It's true and that the Savior lives and is personally involved in our lives and as we do what's right, He will bless us beyond our capacity to take it in. It truly was a nice, nice day for our family.



Now I'm going to search out some pictures, to see if I can make this slightly less boring!

24 comments:

Erin said...

When I was in the primary presidency, attending baptisms and arranging the "Baptism Preview" (or in your case "It's Great to Be Eight") was my specific responsibility. (Others helped, it was just primarily my duty.) It was my favorite calling ever--for that reason. The Preview and the baptisms were always so cute, funny, and spiritual.

Gabe is not alone in his 7-year-old boy adoration for church refreshments. The year that all but one of the kids attending the Preview were boys, our primary pres said, "Make sure you get a bigger cake. I'm serious."
The cake had so much buttercream frosting on it (thanks Sam's Club) that none of the adults could eat it--yet the WHOLE thing got eaten (thanks 7 year old boys).

Hollyween said...

My son is OCD about his bedtime routine too. Even if he falls asleep in the car, the minute you get home, he wakes up and wants his routine. Scriptures, prayers, songs, water and his bedroom MUST be cleaned up, the scriptures out away (not left out in his room) and the closet door shut with shoes perfectly straight. Ugh.

I had a great experience too on Sunday regarding my new calling. I think I'll be blogging about it. Though I haven't done a blog like that before so it feels strange. Stay tuned...

Lauren in GA said...

That was not boring at all. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. :)

Celia Fae said...

Oh goody. Let's all get spiritual.

Here's my two cents:
I taught my first Gospel Doctrine Book of Mormon lesson on Sunday and it wasn't anything special, but the spirit was so strong that if I were a crier, I would have been bawling. HF really really wants us all to read the book of Mormon. He told me.

Margaret said...

Um...so how do I sign up for Mom's Day Off?! Sounds divine!

And after barely escaping all the Christmas puking and "winter break" I really need it!

Melinda said...

Jessica- I found your blog link on Melissa George's. I used to be in your ward - we lived across from your mom in the Bluff's but have since moved. I just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog. You are a great writer and so funny!!

J'net said...

OK girl, there IS hope for those resolutions yet!!
GOOD on the clean house on Jan. 1 since I totally understand NOT putting away Christmas on Jan. 2!
That's MY b'day and MOST of the world doesn't act like they remember it!!! SO that's another point for an organized husband, is he a Capricorn too? Anyways, that is SO thoughtful to HELP with the clean-up and NOT leave it for "the MOM of FUN" after kids go back to school!
As for bedtime schedule, as long as it is NOT a stall of the goal---GO TO SLEEP, child! You need not worry about the routine. A "clean-loving" boy child is a gift to any future wife! and to his MOM!
NOW down to SERIOUS business, CONGRATS on a "Mom Day OFF!!" I would say IF you don't accomplish ANY other resolution this year, you DID GREAT on this one! Do you know HOW many "moms" who just WON'T relax!?!?! GGGOOOODD!
JOBBBBB!
Anyways, I was going to ask you about the "weight/exercize" (can't spell it I guess???) But, I DO-DO it... walked on the beach TODAY in the waves and my swimsuit, gorgeous sunny day FINALLY, after a MONTH of rain... ANYWAYS, back to, didn't you blog that you were toying with baby #5?
Yeah, WHY put weight loss and 'may be' baby in the same year...
I would scratch out that line and just see what happens! You'll be on a big diet IF you do baby #5, Jax LOST 4 lbs. the first trimester! And she is still barfing every morning, GREAT!
Anyways, my dad is baby #5 and so is Bekah SO remember those are the "mama's heartthrob" children. Just thought I'd add that...
Asked Jax to add more blogging to her resolution list...
SO she could be JUST like her cousin Jessica!
Thanks for sharing your life with some of us who live "Far, far away!" Luv, A. J'net

bloggingchristy said...

I liked your blog, thanks for always reading mine and making me believe that maybe one day I could be as good as you guys at blogging.

Plus, yeah now I have a new book to read! And yes, we should all go to Hawaii someday (I did especially miss Ryan)!!

AnnEE said...

You are pretty. Really really pretty.

That is all.

Ilene said...

Glad you had such a good spiritual experience calling kind of week.

I got hit in the face with a volleyball as I was working on my calling.

Oh, I kid. Actually, I had a good time with the YW volleyball games. I really did get hit in the face, though. I am a magnet for volleyballs. Good thing my nose is pretty squishy all ready.

crystal said...

I can't WAIT to read that book. It's on my list.

I loved the re-cap. What a good journal!

I love your Mom's Day Off. I'm totally doing that next week. In fact, once a week for the rest of my life. What was your pre-prepped dinner, anyway?

I want to marry Mimi off to that adorable Seth! How cute is that? Waking up at 1am to clean his stuff? How did you train him to want a clean space???

AMY said...

Excited about the book selection. Love new reads.
Jealous about the mom day. Gotta get me one soon.
Love little Ethan. Sooo cute.
Didn't particularly care for my calling Sunday with all the new Sunbeams coming in from nursery. Will work on that one.
:)

Rochelleht said...

Ahhh... I love this church too!!!! :-)

Jake said...

So glad you loved the 13th Tale too...wasn't it addictive?

the wrath of khandrea said...

yay wednesday! (did that sound too london tipton-ish?)

Christie said...

I totally relate to the whole OCD/bedtime/cleaning/ritual thing. Do me a favor? Don't stifle it. LET THE CHILD CLEAN HIS ROOM! He will thank you for it someday, trust me.

shauna said...

Great recap that will fit nicely into a walnut shell that will be covered by sand. You really do DO IT ALL!! Great job!

Penny said...

As you know, I feel your pain with the OCD bedtime thing. But sometimes it is just worth it to get them done, and get them in bed. Sounds like a really fun New Years Day. At least you got your "Mom's day" to make up for it!

day in the life of a prince said...

The toy Emma gave was a HUGE hit!! It still is being used VERY often around our house!!

Mrs. Little Gray House said...

I feel for your middle of the night adventures with an irrational 2 year old. Its been happening frequently at my house too.

♥Shally said...

Seth sounds adorable. My Serae gets up in the middle of the night, but it is to secretly change her shoes. She has a shoe obsession. We make her wear crocs to bed (the only ones that don't make her feet stink to high heaven!), but they are not girly enough for her. At about 2 a.m. she will wake up, get her sparkly church shoes and switch them out. Little stinker. :)

Audry said...

I get the OCD thing. I have one very high stung first born. She drives me insane. When she was little it was cute and laughable but now it's scary, and I know I'm going to have to put her on some sort of pill in the future.

Anisa said...

I think the boring weeks are the best... a little less chaotic.

Ellie said...

Dying to know what happened on Friday.