Thursday, November 10, 2011

ROCKtober!!!

I was trying to make this recap extra exciting with my title.  Did it work?

We’ve had the loveliest, warm, sunny fall (almost makes up for the CRAPPY early summer) and one day, I actually stopped in the MIDDLE OF MY LIST (!), and played in the leaves with Faith:

fallwithfaith

We continued our yearly tradition of heading up to Greenbluff (a community of farmers that put on fun fall fastivities) between soccer games one Saturday.

We ate:

greenbluff

The big kids did the corn maze:

october3

The little kids did the hay maze (notice Faith’s favorite pose for the camera. ???):

october2

but we didn’t have to spend a million dollars for pumpkins because…

this year we grew 9 in our OWN BACKYARD:

october6

I made this lovely pizza, which is totally random to include in my October wrap-up but I make a BUNCH of yummy things that disappear in about 1/5 the time it takes me to make them, so I’m including this for posterity:

october7

I also participated in a makeover/image consulting class for 6 weeks this fall and LOVED it.  I just felt like as I move from young mom to not-young mom,  I wanted to direction in how to look good with what I’ve been given. 

Ali (from Biggest Loser fame) was the keynote speaker at our event.  Here she is in the dressing room:

ali

And here is one of my “After” shots:

fashion show1

I know, I look completely different.  Just kidding.  In this picture, I just look like my mom and her sisters.  Am I right, Abbie?  Erin?  Bekah?

We also watched conference:

october1

(I keep changing my favorite talks as I read and study them.  The one about families and bearing children.  No wait, the time management one.  No, I know, the Forget Not one.  So lucky to have prophets and apostles that give us inspiration and direction.)

We also did the regular:

Dental checkups (is Faith not hilarious in this picture?)

dentist

And participated in swim meets (I realize my Super Swimmer probably deserves a decent towel, but he’ll lose it anyway, so rags it is.)

october4

 

Wasn’t that SO ROCKING?  No?  Well, I’m pretty wiped by the end of each day, so I don’t what your problem is….

12 comments:

Carie said...

Love the monthly updates. I think they are rockin.

Erin said...

Whoa! You do look like so much like your mom and Cathryn in that pic! Same great eyes and same amazing skin.

Faith is hilarious and I am totally in for June.

Nortorious said...

Great picture of you. Hot.

Lauren in GA said...

You totally ROCKed ROCKtober. I think the title of this post really brought the excitement you were looking for.

That picture of you with Faith in the leaves is lovely. Way to stop in the middle of your list and play. Good job, Mama.

The pumpkins are totally impressive. We keep having trouble with bottom rot with a lot of things in our garden. That is so awesome that you grew your own.

You look beautiful in the after shot picture...I think you always look beautiful for that matter.

Faith at the dentist picture made my day. She cracks me up. ☺

I laughed at your parting shot of, "I’m pretty wiped by the end of each day, so I don’t what your problem is….

Your humor is what's ROCKIN', Jessica.

Rochelleht said...

You look fab! I love conference too. Pretty sure my fave was Elder Bednar. But, it's my fave subject, that was easy.

Lisa-Marie said...

Argh. Where did my comment go? I'll try again. Even from my phone... so you can be sure this was a rockin post. Just wanted to day how truly lovely you are. Lovely and wise.

Brooke said...

I love the home grown pumpkins and the super model picture. Seriously you look beautiful! We are getting very excited to see you all very soon. Sounds like a wonderful fall full of great memories.

Jess said...

Totally rocked! Great Oct for y'all! And I love the quote by Dr. Suess in your last post....I'll try to keep that in mind on Thursday when my sweet boy turns 8! Wha!

Adrianne said...

I'm so jealous of your makeover class, although I'm totally confused by the concept that we're not young moms... are you sure about that?

And Emma is such a fashionista in every pick - even in the middle of the corn maze. CAN'T WAIT to see you guys in a few weeks!!

Adrianne said...

I'm so jealous of your makeover class, although I'm totally confused by the concept that we're not young moms... are you sure about that?

And Emma is such a fashionista in every pick - even in the middle of the corn maze. CAN'T WAIT to see you guys in a few weeks!!

Abbie said...

I want pizza.

And it's a good thing our moms are so beautiful because that means we'll be beautiful as we grow up. When Marcie was here, it was fun to see how much she reminded me of my momma. In short: yes! You're a babe just like all of the ladies on the fam! :)

Tammy said...

Love the dental chair recline! HILARIOUS!! What a fun month and what fun kids. The makeover sounded fun, you look fabulous. xo