Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Being Baptized

I guess being the third child means that the Big Events seem a little more run-of-the-mill, but it also means that your parents know what they are doing for those Big Events and they go off much more smoothly. 

(It apparently also means it takes a month to get a post about your baptism.  Sigh.)003

So Jane was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on June 4, 2011.  It was pretty much a perfect day.  We had almost all grandparents and local aunts and uncles in attendance, lots of friends supporting, and gorgeous weather.  We did a stake baptism this time, and kind of lucked out because of all of the children being baptized were kids we had a relationship with and it made it a more intimate event.  Emma sang a lovely rendition of I Feel My Savior’s Love (despite teasing of cousins in the audience) and I only got a little teary during Jane’s Spotlight at the beginning of the service.

002

I shared with the audience that Jane is loving and fun, that she tries VERY hard to do her best and her favorite thing in the world right now is jumping rope.  I told them how she laughs loud, is the queen of witty one-liners and how she truly has seemed more mature and ready to make this important covenant.

Some of the pictures from the day:

055

With Grandpa Sherrill and Grandma Genie:

056

With Grandma Dorrie:

057

Grandma Nut at the “after party”:

jbbq7

With her almost-perfect daddy:

059

Good thing this self-portrait in the chapel was taken before the baptism:

060

Manning the barbeque:

jbbq1

Jane’s friends were there, but they don’t still or look as pretty as their moms do:

jbbq4

I’m grateful that Jane has the blessing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in her life.  I love that the Holy Ghost can be her constant companion now and know that that will bring her safety, peace and true joy.  She brings talents and light and fun to our lives and we treasured getting to spend a day focusing on the special girl that she is.

052

12 comments:

Cami said...

I'm so glad it was a beautiful day for your family and that grandparents could all come. :)

Carie said...

Beautiful. Love the pic of your family on the day. It is gorgeous and shows everyone's personality. Love the self picture of Jane, especially the man in the background.

the wrath of khandrea said...

happy all over the place.

the wrath of khandrea said...

ps i miss you.

katie said...

Yay for Jane! She looks beautiful (as does the rest of the family).

Elizabeth said...

Congrats to Jane on her special day. You all look very happy and she is blessed to have you guys as family.
and because I am shallow... where did you get your dress and cardi? you look gorgeous and on the off chance they might ship to Oz I was wondering about the deets.

Tristen said...

First of all, congratulations to the beautiful little Jane. Second of all, I'm a blog fan of yours from your cousin Katie H. and I have been watching for a while. It was fun to see another friend of ours from Naperville in your photos today, I wonder if Katie knows that you guys know Rachel (this is tricky to not use last names!)?

jessica said...

That was a great day...especially considering the hideous weather we had been having...I think Heavenly Father gave us such great weather because Jane is so awesome!

Brooke Romney said...

Loved catching up with you. The pictures from the day are great and loved hearing your favorites. That salad is mine too! Tell Jane congrats!

Lauren in GA said...

Our computer caught another virus and has been in the shop...I am so glad that it is back in my clutches so that I could read this beautiful post about your beautiful Jane. Many, many congrats to her on her baptism. When I, "met" her she was four...now, she is old enough to be baptized. She sounds like such an amazing young lady. I love so much that she is the queen of witty one-liners.

All of you look so wonderful in the pictures. The weather really was so gorgeous.

Adrianne said...

Congrats Sweet Jane. I am tryingto imagine what it will be like when my kids reach that milestone. Is that the dress we found online??

Tammy said...

She is such a doll