A few weeks ago, we needed to use our kids free tickets to our local theme park. These can only be use on weekdays, so I talked Ryan into working from home, watching Faith while I took the rest of them to ride roller coasters and waterslides all day.
It was hot and humid (for here) and there were looong lines. Everyone was grouchy and complaining.
So I got awesome.
For your parenting pleasure, I am sharing with you:
Stuff to do while waiting in lines with your kids at theme parks
1. Download the Have You Ever app on your phone. Ask your kids questions like: Have you ever acted like a dog the whole day? or Have you ever run outside in your underwear? Avoid questions like “Have you ever passed gas on your brother?” (because you HATE body humor) or Have you ever kissed more than one boy in day? (because your kids do NOT need to know the answer to that question).
2. Have a dirtiest feet contest. (Congrats, Emma!)
3. Play on the rope that goes along the line, fall off, hit your head and then hit your brother because you’re mad and need to target it at someone. Oh wait. Just Jane played that game.
4. Have a craziest face contest. Take pictures, send them to the parent “working” from home and have him judge.
Bonus if you get your judge to send one back to you:
5. Stupid Water Bottle Tricks:
6. Play the Can You Take Small Enough Steps That You Never Stop Moving Forward In The Line? game. Ignore the annoyed looks from people as they watch all 5 of you shuffle forward in slow motion. They don’t have 4 kids to entertain, do they?
If you employ my genius, I guarantee kids who go from this: