In the last few weeks we…
- have had Grandma Dorrie visit us. She spends so much time with the kids, that some of them (hello. Faith? I’m talking to you…) don’t know what to do with themselves now that Grandma isn’t around to pick them up and read to them all of the time.
- had a Valentine’s Day date. Ryan and I had a gift card to a nice restaurant here in town and we really enjoyed ourselves. Here’s a picture of Ryan’s humungous burger. After the restaurant, I pulled the “It’s Valentines Day so you have to” and made Ryan go with me to the stake dance. Let’s just say that we had a fun time (less dancing, more amusement at the crowd that type of event draws).
- had the 14 days of Valentines. Which included shirts:
(Everyone else got to go to a salon, but we figure Seth’s noggin isn’t worth $12 and Ryan did it at home)
and candy making:
- had Seth’s five year old checkup. I’ve never seen a child more excited for shots. Seriously, the day before he kept saying: “I’m so essited. Tomorrow’s when I get my shots.” I promise I tried to warn him, gently, that they really hurt. There was great disappointment on that funny face when the first one went in. Also of note, the doctor was questioning whether I’m sending him (because of his late August birthday) to school in the fall. I told him yes, that socially and academically he’s really ready. He then asked, “Is he able to sit for long periods of time?” I don’t know why he’s so concerned:
(This is what he was doing the whole time. Obnoxious. And he really can sit still. Ask his primary teacher.)
- Had Emma’s birthday. It went off without a hitch. Here’s some pictures of the breakfast
I seem to be able to only take pictures of the food involved in our celebrations. (Food=Love, right?)
- had an extremely demanding and yelling and crying baby. Argh. Cute, but bad:
(here she is pointing to her “shus”. Yeah, 15 months old and says “shirt”.
Maybe it’s the smartness that makes her feisty?)
And since, the demanding baby still lives here, I need to go. She and I are taking a trip to Costco, where we can DEMAND samples to our hearts content.