Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rennid Sdrawkcab

Drawing on a time-honored tradition from Ryan’s childhood, we did the easiest Family Home Evening ever:

BACKWARDS DINNER!

Start with inviting your kids to backwards dinner by putting on all of your clothes backwards and asking them to do the same:

Picture 031

Then, feed them dessert first.  Tell them they CANNOT have broccoli unless they eat their ice cream and fudge, first!:

Picture 034

Next, feed them the rest of their courses backwards (Main course, Salad Course, Bread Course):Picture 036

Encourage them to eat backwards as well, till you realize what a mess-making idea that is:

 Picture 035

Refer to them by their backwards names.  Here is Htes:

Picture 037

Try your best to speak in backward phrases:  “?here cute Faith Isn’t”

Picture 032

This takes about 5 extra minutes out of your evening (to change into your clothes), besides the dinner you were already planning on having, and your kids will think you are the funnest parents around.

…Until you tell them that they since the dishes and table didn’t obey the rules of backwards night by going from Dirty to Clean during Backwards Dinner…they still have to clear the table and load the dishwasher.

!sometimes end to has fun The

14 comments:

Tristan said...

What a cute idea!! The photos are so funny!

Cami said...

Fun!
One of these days, we'll have to try it around here.

Shirley said...

Brilliant as usual! What a fabulous idea! Thank you.

Adrianne said...

genius. but that may mean I have to deviate from my one-course meals.

Jacki said...

Another idea I will be stealing.

Jessica said...

Pat yourself on the back, you're for sure Most Fun Mom Ever. :)

Lauren in GA said...

You are so cute, Jessica. I lvoed your closing line.

This is the greatest idea!! I am totally stealing it...because, as you know...I like my kids to think that I am fun and brilliant.

I love the shirt you are wearing in the top picture. It is so cute backwards...now I really want to see the front.

Lauren in GA said...

Uh, I wasn't trying to be clever...I actually misspelled loved.

Christie said...

Totally stealing this idea. You are a genius. My kids will think I am the world's best mom.

J'net said...

Grpa Jack is ALWAYS eating his dessert first!!
BUT he's diabetic... WAY fun idea for a Fam/Act!!

Brooke said...

What fun memories!! I wish I could have come. love you guys!

SindiRoo said...

Oh My.. You come up with the greatest ideas. If you guys are going to be visiting Ryan's parents this summer I would love to meet you in person.

Jill said...

super cute fun idea!!

Jenibelle said...

Totally late and way behind....
DARLING!! Going to share with Lauren (as she and Skyler are starting family traditions!!)