In case you were wondering…Glitter Balls are the New Big Thing at my kids’ elementary school. Since I’m sure you are all SO interested in what excites the 3-12 year old set in the Inland Northwest, let me tell you about them.
How to procure one:
1. Get your big 11 year old self on a bike, with your newly earned babysitting money, and go with your cousin to the local grocery store and be the first big Glitter Ball Owner. (Emma)
2. Have the parent go out and just buy you one because you want it. (Yeah, right. NOT how we roll in the Romney house.)
3. Save your money and hound your parents all night until they take you to the local big chain drugstore and let you buy one. (Jane, Seth)
4. Wait till Grandma comes into town and sucker her into buying your first one (Faith), your second one (Seth) or your first AND second one (Gabe: the newly popular mini balls).
How to play with one:
1. Lose the Glitter Ball.
3. Ask people, mostly your mom, 2042 times if they’ve “seen my Glitter Ball? wah, wah, wah!”
4. EITHER: Find one of your siblings playing with it, fight about it for a while
OR: Have mom find it in your backpack, the car, the drainage area, the slipper basket,etc.
5. Upon finding your Glitter Ball, cheer loudly.
6. Quickly: Lose the Glitter Ball again.
As you can see: SO MUCH FUN! Rush right out and be the first to start the trend in your neck of the woods!