Thursday, March 4, 2010

One of those Summaries again

I forgot to blog about the Valentine’s party I did for Jane’s class.  It was no big deal, except I don’t think I’d helped in a kid’s class since Faith was born and all of the children were shocked that I was doing something.  And I took this picture:

ValParty

My mom (who is a kindergarten teacher) brought all of her Valentine’s Party stuff up for me and I just basically used it all.  Sewed paper hearts, decorated head bands and bingo:

ValParty2

—see?  No big deal.

Speaking of Parties I Was In Charge Of—I put on the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet again.  It had a birthday theme, which was completely awesome, because all I needed for decor was streamers and balloons:

BlueandGold3

Gabe made this cake (ripped off from Kristin, Laurie and Christie—yay for blogging!), which had nothing to do with the birthday theme:

Picture 035

My friend Michelle took pictures and emailed them to me.  I tried really hard to find a cute picture of myself in my AWESOME scout shirt.  Turns out, surprisingly, I do not look so cute in a tan den mother scout shirt:

BlueandGold4

We also celebrated Ryan’s birthday with a trip to a Mexican restaurant:

RyanBday

some of his favorite food,

and a house decorated with 35 reasons why I love him:Picture 049

(We also invited ourselves over to the Daines for a birthday dessert.  I made the dessert, but Ryan stresses a little over chaos and noise and he decided that he wanted the chaos and noise at Heather’s house for his birthday).

Random funny pictures of the last few weeks:

Faith getting ready to run with her hat, Mp3 and Garmin watch:

Picture 017

Jane’s Crazy Hair Day hair:

Picture 044

Faith’s Cute Hair Day hair:

Picture 045 Picture 048

Jane's newest sleep aid (that’s a headband):

Jane beauty sleep

Now I need to go clean up my kitchen…or I could borrow Jane’s headband and then I wouldn’t see the syrup dripping off of the counter.  Hmmm.

19 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun way to spend Valentines. Your mom has fun craft stuff. And yes you do even look good in a tan scout shirt. Thats pretty cool. love you!

Meridith said...

Loved the update and of course all the pictures too. I might have to steal your great birthday gift idea for my hubby's next birthday too. The cake turned out AWESOME!!

friends said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zaundra and Grant said...

You do look hot in your scout shirt! Not even joking. miss you guys.

Rochelleht said...

You're awesome. Casin' you've forgotten. Just a friendly reminder.

Usin' my best grammar here for ya!

Tristan said...

Love the updates! Looks like you've been busy, but having fun!

Scout shirts are not made for women, but I think your rocked yours ;)

Bekah said...

Aahh! Faith's pigtails! Are you kidding me? Those are adorable! I can't even stand how cute and big she is! Love the updates! You guys are too cute and fun! And why didn't you post the picture of Seth's purple eyebrows?! I about died when Mom showed me the picture! HAHAHAHAHA!

Shopper Gal said...

Jessica, LOVE the den mother outfit. Girl, you can rock that look :)
Love reading your updates. You're such an amazing Mommy! See you at Boot camp!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i once accepted a cub scout calling with the clear understanding that i would never, EVER wear the shirt. this is a true story.

Jake said...

I am still recovering from last night's Blue and Gold. And I wasn't even in charge or wearing a scout shirt. Go You!

queenieweenie said...

Girl, you ROCK the scout shirt...I'm just sayin'.

Adrianne said...

I'm with Ryan - Mexican food and noise and chaos at someone else's house. Here they don't even let the parents into the kids' school. Maybe I should be grateful???

Lauren in GA said...

Blue and Gold is coming up this month for us. I am so pushing my Cub Scout to make that cake. It's genius.

What are you talking about? You look totally cute in your Scout shirt.

I like the 35 reasons you love Ryan idea. I think I will rip that idea off of you, too.

Reading your blog is like a fact finding mission of great ideas for me to blog lift. Thank you, my dear.

Ilene said...

Laura's in pigtails too.

I took pictures and was excited to blog about it. But that was in January and now it is March. I really need to get out of this i-don't-have-the-energy-to-blog stage.

brooke romney said...

Fun update! Thanks. I too am in Cubs...I look just as hot in my yellow den mom shirt!

G and G Nut said...

Tell Gabe that his cake is AMAZING!!
xoxoxo

elizabeth scott said...

LOOKS LIKE THE BLUE AND GOLD WAS A GREAT SUCCESS. (: Ive been thinking about you this week as I am running. I want a Garmin. Cool cake and loved the romantic bday gift idea.

Erin said...

Tell Faith that I am jealous of her Garmin.

Tell yourself cute, cute party and I can't believe that you've put on the B&G banquet more than once. Sheesh.

Robin said...

I am going to copy your 35 reasons for my husband's birthday - but it will be 48 reasons! (ack! 48!)