Sunday, September 13, 2009

Because it’s Grandparents Day, you know

(In order to get his religious knot in Cub Scouts, Gabe needed to write a letter and tell someone why he appreciated or respected them.  He chose my mother.  To understand this letter, you need to know that my mother was named Doris, but has always gone by Dorrie.)Grandchildren

Dear Grandma Dorrie.  I want to tell you about things why I appreciate you and why I respect you.  My First Thing why I appreciate you is becuse you take away time at school to come down to wasgeton [Washington] and do fun things with us, take me on dates and go to movies with us and that only a few of the things.  The next thing why I respect you.  is your name.  I like how when some one calls you Doris, you tell them no, to call you that and I think personally that take alot of coargre [courage].  Those are the things I wanted to talk to you about. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

love, Gabe Romney xoxoxoxoxox

To all the grandparents (even the ones who DON’T have the courage to set people straight on their correct names):  We are blessed by your love, righteous examples and generosity.  Happy Grandparent's Day!

IMG_0573 IMG_0588 IMG_0586 112_1231

10 comments:

Tristan said...

OK that is so adorable!!

Bethany said...

Hooray for grandparents! This should seriously be a major holiday because I'd go crazy without grandparents.

diane said...

I like how he signed his last name in case she doesn't know who he is.

Lauren in GA said...

That was an awesome letter, Gabe. I know your courageous Grandma Dorrie will love it.

I really like that Cub Scouts has requirements like this...that and of course, all of the bird houses that I have acquired.

Cami said...

Great letter. :)
Grandparents are the best! I'm glad I still have mine around.

♥Shally said...

So cute.

You need to frame that for her!

G and G Nut said...

Hmmmm, do we all get to upgrade our pics????
xoxoxo

Margaret said...

That is so great! I always love your posts!

I got my template from the simple womans daybook blog. There is a link at the bottom of my post!

Jenibelle said...

Let me guess which one is Ryan's mom...holy schmoely, was he cloned?

Darling pictures of the Grand people in your life.

Hazen5 said...

What a great letter, she is a lucky grandma!