Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Today at lunch (grilled sandwiches, chips, Ceaser salad, raspberry pretzel jello--Ryan's favorites), I asked the kids to share some things about their dad. In honor of Father's Day, I thought I'd pass them on. These are the questions I asked:
1. What is something your dad does better than most dads?
2. What is your favorite story your dad tell?
3. What is your favorite memory with dad?
Jane:

1.) Dad helps me and works with me. (Very true, Ryan is committed to working with the kids instead of everyone working seperately).
2. "The Skateboard One" (Ryan proceeded to re-tell his story of his neighborhood skateboard club).
3. When we got your shirt and shorts for you. (Ryan was not present, of course, at the buying of his Father's Day presents, by apparently it's Jane's favorite memory.)
Gabe:

1. "Build things, sing silly songs and clean." (Anyone who knows Ryan, knows this is also very true.)
2. "The Pocketknife story." (A boy, his dad's pocketknife lost and a prayer. Funny and faith inspiring.)
3. "All the times he plays Star Wars Legos with me." (Video games+ dad, what more could a boy want?)
Emma:

1. "A little tiny bit crazy and plays a lot." (Very lucky kids, to have a dad who makes them laugh so hard.)
2. "When you grabbed another mom's hand at the mall."
3. "When we went on a date to Red Robin and ate that ice cream thing and walked around at the mall, because we talked a lot." (We're sure Emma will love doing this when she's 13, as well.)

Jessica:

1. "He listens to the Spirit and follows It's direction as he tries to be a good dad."
2. "The story when you paid Greg to fall flat on his face three times in front of the same table at Denny's." (Make him tell you this story sometime.)
3. "When we went camping at Bear Lake 2 Memorial Days ago."

Seth was sleeping, but we're sure he would have had great things to add.

Happy Father's Day to Ryan (the best dad around) and to Jeff Romney and Mike Sherrill. We are a lucky family to be surrounded by such great and loving men!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Your blog is hilarious and I love how you highlight all of your kids speech impediments! And my kids will have type 2 diabetes with yours because chocolate is just so yummy. Sometimes I wonder why they don't ever eat veggies. Then I remember I forget to make them.

Cassy said...

You have such a cute family!